Thursday, June 14, 2012

Baked Rotini Lasagna

I love lasagna.  I love spiral noodles.  So I thought I would take the ricotta/mozzarella and pasta sauce and combine them to make the best possible lasagna/rotini dish.  HA.  Actually, I forgot lasagna noodles and only had rotini in the pantry.  It turned out reallllly good, and it was so easy.  Here is the result:

RECIPE

1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 can tomato sauce
1 BIG can heavy tomato puree (Clasico)
Spices - crushed red pepper, Tony C's, garlic, S&P, cayenne
1-2 cups water
2 cups Mozzarella cheese
1 Ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1 box Rotini (or any other favorite noodle - bow tie would be good), cooked and drained
3-4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
3-4 tablespoons mozzarella

In a saucepan, heat your oil and saute the garlic.  Add in the tomato sauce and tomato puree.  Slowly add in your water (I used 1/2 increments) until your sauce reached a desired thickness.  Add in your spices - I used more crushed red pepper for a little spicier flavor.  Let simmer for 10 minutes. 

In a separate bowl, mix your ricotta, mozzarella and 2 eggs together.  Pour your sauce over the ricotta mix, add the ground beef.  Also, if you are into tasting things like I am, remember that there are 2 raw eggs in the mixture - I remembered that after about 3 "tastes".  Pour in your cooked pasta.  Mix well.


Spray a 13x9 with PAM to make clean-up easier.  Pour in your creation, top with bread crumbs and cheese.  Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment