Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yaya's Chocolate Chip Cheesecake



What a great idea this is.  I can't wait to try new recipes that our family will post.  I really want to try the lemon bars and donuts from you and Becky.  I have never blogged before so it may take me a little bit to get the hang of this. In your honor for starting this, I am going to post one of your favorite recipes that I make, Chocolate Chip Cheesecake for my very first ever blog post! :-)   
Yaya's Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Makes one 9-inch cheesecake
1 1/2 cups finely crushed creme filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 18) (I use Oreo's)
2-3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 teaspoon flour
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Combine cookie crumbs and margarine; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch spring form pan.  In large mixer bowl, beat cheese until fluffy.  Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.  Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. 
In small bowl, toss 1/2 cup chips with flour to coat; stir into cheese mixture.  Pour into prepared pan.  Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chips evenly over top.  
Bake 1 hour or until cake springs back when lightly touched.  Cool to room temperature.  Chill thoroughly.  Garnish as desired.  Refrigerate leftovers. 
Tip: For best distribution of chips throughout cheesecake, do not over soften or over beat cream cheese.
I will make this soon and add a picture.  This is such a great recipe!!  I love you all and am so glad to share in your life.  
Yaya

1 comment: