Thursday, April 19, 2012

Barbecue Sauce

I've been looking for a really good barbecue sauce recipe.  After looking at about 10, I decided to go for it without a recipe.  I didn't measure, so the ones below are just estimates.  When I make another batch, I will make sure to measure it out so I can update this, oops.  One note, make sure after dicing your jalapeno, not to rub your lips or eyes.  It burns.  I guess that is just common sense though...

RECIPE

2 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
6 oz. tomato paste
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
4-5 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons molasses
3-4 tablespoons Worcestershire's sauce
2-3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
4 tablespoons honey
S&P
Tony C's
1 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1 jalapeno, diced

In a saucepan, heat your oil, add your garlic.  Once browned, add your brown sugar and molasses.  Mix until dissolved.  Add remaining ingredients, simmer for 20 minutes.  So easy!


 Put on top of a pulled pork sandwich!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment